[Wine] Re: wine-0.9.15 & winetools problems.

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Tue Jun 13 14:47:11 CDT 2006

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, Jonathan Ernst wrote:

> BTW, as I used to maintain this entry,

If you consider yourself an inactive maintainer, perhaps you should let
someone else takeover?

> I updated it with current
> informations. I don't have time to test the runtime settings so I'd be
> glad if you could fill the missing part and send me the details so I'll
> update the entry http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?versionId=469

Thanks for the update. A few comments:

* I think the reference to WineTools and Sidenet should be removed. Wine
version 20050725 is quite old. I think we should focus on having the
latest AppDb pages document the latest Wine, rather than old stuff.

* The manual installation still doesn't work for me (see bug 5409 etc),
but let's get back to that.

* I think it would be nice if you could include my command lines for
fetching & extracting inseng.dll, for those users without a Windows
installation nearby:

$ wget http://download.microsoft.com/download/ie6sp1/finrel/6_sp1/W98NT42KMeXP/EN-US/IE_S5.CAB
$ cabextract -L IE_S5.CAB
$ cabextract -L -F inseng.dll ie_5.cab
$ rm -rf ~/.wine ie_5.cab IE_S5.CAB
$ wineprefixcreate
$ cp inseng.dll ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/
$ wget http://download.microsoft.com/download/ie6sp1/finrel/6_sp1/W98NT42KMeXP/EN-US/ie6setup.exe
$ wine ie6setup.exe

Regards,
--