[Wine] Re: audio tab crashes wine

digimars kenneth.l.armstrong at us.army.mil
Fri Jun 16 09:11:01 CDT 2006

Daniel Skorka wrote:
> digimars <kenneth.l.armstrong at us.army.mil> wrote:
> > Ok, I checked the packages that I have installed.  I don't have
> > amarok-arts installed nor do I have arts installed.  What else could I
> > try?
>
> This is strange, because the message clearly indicates that winecfg is
> trying to connect to aRts. Assuming that Ubuntu has dpkg, what does
> 'dpkg -l' show?
>
> Daniel

Thanks Daniel, I found it that way.  What I found was:
ii  libarts1c2a    1.5.2-0ubuntu1 aRts sound system core components
ii  libartsc0      1.5.2-0ubuntu1 aRts sound system C support library
ii  libartsc0-dev  1.5.2-0ubuntu1 development files for the aRts sound
system

But when I went into the Synaptic Package Manager to remove
libarts1c2a, it was going to remove my installation of Amarok itself.
And If I was going to remove libartsc0, it wanted to delete about half
of my multimedia programs.  If I just went into a terminal and did
'sudo apt-get remove libarts1c2a', would it take away amarok as well?
And if so, would amarok use another audio library (I doubt that it
would since it is originally built for KDE anyway).