[Wine] pagefault error

dbr58 drichard58 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 06:19:34 CDT 2006

OS: Mandriva 2006 LE w/KDE
System: dual boot (WinXP/Linux) running on separate HD, 1.5GHz Intel,
512MRAM

I have installed and uninstalled Wine 9.14 and 9.15.  I have tried to
install several applications (wine setup.exe") and use the supplimental
applications (wineconfig, filemanager, etc.).  They seem to work and
the installs complete  Unfortunately, that's where the good luck ends.

The supplemental applications all close with the same basic error:
Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address
0x7fc1bd4b.
Do you wish to debug it?

Some of the applications I installed create a menu option and others do
not.  The one that created the icon only linked to the UNINSTALL.EXE.
The others can be seen in the filemanager (but the first one cannot).
However, when I try to run the application, either from filemanager of
from the terminal window, they do not run.  The errors typically run
something like this:

ERROR!  sizeof(SISDRIRec) does not match passed size from device driver
libGL warning: 3D driver returned no fbconfigs.
libGL error: InitDriver failed
libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering

ERROR!  sizeof(SISDRIRec) does not match passed size from device driver
libGL warning: 3D driver returned no fbconfigs.
libGL error: InitDriver failed
libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering
err:exec:SHELL_ExecuteW cannot set directory L"I:\\solitaire"
err:exec:SHELL_ExecuteW cannot set directory L"I:\\solitaire"
fixme:font:WineEngRemoveFontResourceEx :stub
fixme:font:WineEngRemoveFontResourceEx :stub
fixme:font:WineEngRemoveFontResourceEx :stub

I have a couple of special financial applications that I need to get
running so I don't have to keep re-booting the system.  Any help would
be appreciated.