[Wine] dddraw unable to draw in CVS

Wei-Tsun Sun wsun013 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 06:03:07 CDT 2006

Hi,

I often build wine every 2 or 3 days from cvs source, and I recognize
that there are updates around x11drv, ddraws, and d3d8/9 at these days.
4 or 5 days ago, where I found that ddraws are unable to draw at all
(was still working wine 0.9.15) in some games/programs which use it.
Ones use GDI and OpenGL seem fine. Here is an example of win32 binary
which is Snes9x, an emulator of a console, has the following error msgs
when running with CVS wine:

fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_GetAvailableTextureMem (0x79180020) :
stub, emulati ng 64MB for now, returning 64MB
fixme:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x7fd4ca30)->(0x10024,0000000a)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection
(mixlen=36864 < prima ry_done=44160)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection
(mixlen=36864 < prima ry_done=44160)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection
(mixlen=36864 < prima ry_done=44160)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection
(mixlen=36864 < prima ry_done=44160)
fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection
(mixlen=36864 < prima ry_done=44160)
err:ddraw:IDirectDrawSurfaceImpl_Flip Can't find a flip target
err:ddraw:IDirectDrawSurfaceImpl_Flip Can't find a flip target
err:ddraw:IDirectDrawSurfaceImpl_Flip Can't find a flip target
err:ddraw:IDirectDrawSurfaceImpl_Flip Can't find a flip target
err:ddraw:IDirectDrawSurfaceImpl_Flip Can't find a flip target
err:ddraw:IDirectDrawSurfaceImpl_Flip Can't find a flip target
fixme:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x7fd4ca30)->((nil),00000008)
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DStateBlockImpl_Release Releasing primary stateblock
fixme:winmm:MMDRV_Exit Closing while ll-driver open

So I am wondering, if it is just a transition of wine's development, or
there is some functionalities been used recently is not supported by my
graphical card's driver ?

Wei-Tsun Sun