[Wine] Re: An application's icon raise "Invalid ico file format" during setup

psalvan paolo.salvan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 08:11:37 CDT 2006

I've solved the trouble by myself... I post the solution so it could be
searched by other people with the same problem:

Just converting the 24bit bitmaps inside my icon in 8bit paletted
bitmaps make the icon OK for Wine...

So now my application icon is composed by:

16x16 8bit bitmap
16x16 32bit bitmap with antialiasing (shows smooth borders under WinXP)
32x32 8 bit bitmap
32x32 32 bit bitmap with antialiasing (shows smooth borders under
WinXP)
48x48 32 bit bitmap with antialiasing (shows smooth borders under
WinXP)

...and it shows well under both Win95-WinXP and Wine

Paolo