[Wine] Re: Wine Client Error:b: write: Bad file descriptor

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Fri Jun 23 11:16:26 CDT 2006

iwoloschin at gmail.com wrote:
> http://users.wpi.edu/~woloi/wine.txt
>
> Obviously, running programs after this causes more errors and debug
> messages to happen.

=>1 0x7e67719f (0x7e67719f)
  2 0x7ecea57c X11DRV_GDI_Finalize+0x2c in winex11.drv (0x7ecea57c)

Interesting. You are lacking debuggin symbols, but the crash seems to
happen when calling XCloseDisplay. Why that happens I can only
speculate. Can you convince you admin to let the X server load the
GLX extension?

> The oddest part is, I don't believe I was getting errors like this the
> first day or so that I was testing on this computer, yet nothing (that
> I know of) has changed on this computer.

Did that message about GLX appear on the first day, too?

Daniel