[Wine] Re: Wine Client Error:b: write: Bad file descriptor

iwoloschin at gmail.com iwoloschin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 11:41:18 CDT 2006

I can't say I remember the GLX message on the first day, though it
could have been there.

I looked at xorg.conf, and it's set to load glx, though it is also set
to load DRI, and while I haven't fooled around with xorg.conf settings
in a while, I remember there being problems with stuff like that.

The programs I am trying to run are actually all console, they were
originally run as services under Windows.  All I need is for them to
output to logfiles and/or console, I don't even need X for anything
related to Wine.  Is there a simple way to just disable all of the X
parts of Wine, or is it one of those things that's built in and not
worth it to take out?

Regardless of whether or not I need GLX to be running, I will try to
talk to IT and get them to see if they know why it's not functioning
properly.  I figure if it's set to load, it should be loading, even if
I don't need it for my purposes.

Thanks,
Ian