[Wine] Re: Wine Client Error:b: write: Bad file descriptor

iwoloschin at gmail.com iwoloschin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 13:16:14 CDT 2006

I looked through the X log file, and it says it can't load the nvidia
module...however lspci says the machine has an ATI card (it's a rack
mount smp node, I don't really know what kind of hardware it has beyond
what lspci tells me).  I haven't looked at the first computer I was
working with though, so I'll have to compare and see if GLX is working
there.

I'll have to talk to IT and ask if it should be fixed or if that's
something no one is going to care about.

That seems like it would be an odd problem to cause a couple of console
programs to not work.

Regarding running Wine as root, I wasn't aware that Wine could do stuff
like that, though I suppose there's no reason it wouldn't be able to do
that as root.  I'll let my boss know about it, thoguh I'm not sure
they'll care too much.

Ian