[Wine] Changed cups config Was: (Still) no printing possible in wine 0.9.15

Sven Rudolph sven at spaghetticode.de
Sat Jun 24 16:39:19 CDT 2006

Hello Duane,

again, thanks for your replys!

I followed your advice and switched cups from my client server configuration
to server server configuration. Now I have a local cupsd running, which
forwards all print jobs to the cupsd on goza. In my
local /etc/cups/client.conf I commented out the server line:

# ServerName 192.168.99.60

Unfortunately the result remains the same. I can print from any application,
except wine.

I purge ~/.wine and run winecfg:

wine: creating configuration directory '/home/rudolph/.wine'...
To use WINEPS you need to install some AFM files.
fixme:winspool:AddPrinterW DocumentPropertiesW on printer 'L"i560l"' fails
To use WINEPS you need to install some AFM files.
wine: '/home/rudolph/.wine' created successfully.

(I intentionally renamed the printer from i560 to i560l to see if wine
recognizes the change in my printer configuration)

When I run wine notepad test.txt from ~/.wine/drive_c/tmp and try to print
test.txt, I get the same error messages as before:

To use WINEPS you need to install some AFM files.
err:commdlg:PRINTDLG_ChangePrinterW DocumentProperties fails on L"i560l"
fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_UpdatePrintDlgW No lpdm ptr?
fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_WMCommandW Update printdlg was not successful!

So the lack of a local cupsd was not the problem, it seems.

Sven