[Wine] Re: winecfg sound crash / debian sid

digimars kenneth.l.armstrong at us.army.mil
Tue Jun 27 09:51:34 CDT 2006

Daniel Skorka wrote:
> Hámorszky Balázs <balihb at freepop.hu> wrote:
> > trace:wave:ARTS_WaveInit called
> > *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x7c08a808 ***
> > wine: Assertion failed at address 0xb7de07c7 (thread 0009), starting
> > debugger...
> >
> > after two ctrl+c:
>
> Why would you do that? I mean the debugger would have shown you exactly
> where and how the crash occurred.
> Anyway, I'll hazard a guess:
> Uninstall aRts and try again.
>
> Daniel

You don't have to uninstall aRTs if you are using something like
Amarok.  What I did was go to the /usr/lib/wine    where all of the
library files for Wine are stored.   Wine would crash when trying to
click on the audio tab when winecfg was run.  The problem was related
to aRTs crashing it. had to go to this directory and change
winearts.drv.so to winearts.drv.so_bak and removed the original.  Reran
winecfg and was able to set up audio again.