[Wine] Re: Autodesk DWG Viewer

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Jun 28 17:04:35 CDT 2006

On 28 Jun 2006 at 15:59, Joe Baker wrote:

> I end up with similiar results trying Wine 0.9.16.
>
> Joe Baker wrote:
> > Application: DWFViewer.exe
> > Wine 0.9.14 - mandriva 2006.0
> >
> > This is Autocad's "free" viewer program for dwf files.  I had to
> > install IE6 first as a pre-requisite.  I used the Wine recommended
> > method of adding that one dll to the windows/system32 directory then
> > ran ie6setup.exe to install it.  The DWFViewer installed fine, but
> > then when trying to run it this message came up:
> >
> > This application is requesting an Active X browser object but the
> > Mozilla ActiveX control is not installed.  Do you wish to download
> > and install it?

This is a general problem.  I have two apps which behave in the some
way.  So I was going to ask for the same sort of advice as well.  I did go
a bit further and downloaded an .exe file from the Mozilla Active X
project site (which, I believe, is not an 'official' Mozilla site).  What do I
do with it now?  Have I downloaded the right thing?

Tony Pursell
Ubuntu 06.06