[Wine] Re: New to WINE

Hiji hijinio at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 3 11:24:34 CST 2006

> If you don't get an icon, you can start your
> application with wine
> ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files\YourApp\YourApp.exe
> for example.

If you don't mind me chiming in, I would recommend
using the following run an app: wine "c:/Program
Files/YourApp/YourApp.exe"

It's easier for those new Linux and/or Wine since you
don't have to remember to "escape" the spaces in the
path, and I've found that it's more compatible with
running apps.  For example, in Photoshop 7, the "Save
For Web" feature won't work unless you run it in that
format.  :)

Hiji