[Wine] Wine 0.9.9 appears to terminate without notification

James E. Lang jelly at ktb.net
Tue Mar 7 20:59:00 CST 2006

I use Wine to run Pegasus Mai (PM). I have had very little trouble with this
since Wine changed to Beta status. The exceptions are Wine version 0.9.5 and
now 0.9.9. PM terminates without notification when I send a message by means of
PM when the Wine version is 0.9.9. Fortunately the message that triggers the
termination does get out so all I have to do is restart PM but this is, of
course, a pain. This problem does not exist with either version 0.9.7 or 0.9.8
of Wine.

Since there are no time stamps in the stdout/stderr ourput the following is
probably of no use but I'm including it anyway. It is a log of one PM session
that terminated in this manner. The fixme: warning is not unusual.

			03/07/06 07:33:36
Starting Pegasus Mail under Wine 0.9.9

wine d:\Pegasus\4.12a\winpm-32.exe -i jelly -z 128
fixme:storage:StgCreateDocfile Transacted mode not implemented.

			03/07/06 08:41:27
Pegasus Mail appears to have terminated	 normally.
There are no TCP/IP trace files

--
Jim