[Wine] wine under mactel

Panayotis Katsaloulis panayotis at panayotis.com
Wed Mar 8 09:59:32 CST 2006

Hello

I was trying to compile wine under intel mac os x but with no luck.

Here is the produced error:

gcc -c -I. -I. -I../include -I../include  -D__WINESRC__  -Wall -pipe
-fno-strict-aliasing -gstabs+ -Wdeclaration-after-statement
-Wpointer-arith  -g -O2  -o context_i386.o context_i386.c
context_i386.c:499:2: error: #error You must implement
get/set_thread_context_ptrace for your platform
context_i386.c: In function 'get_thread_ip':
context_i386.c:547: warning: implicit declaration of function
'get_thread_context_ptrace'
context_i386.c: In function 'set_thread_context':
context_i386.c:621: warning: implicit declaration of function
'set_thread_context_ptrace'
make[1]: *** [context_i386.o] Error 1
make: *** [server] Error 2

This looks to be a generated error, meaning something is missing from
the mac implementation. This is natural of course, since intel macs
are new machines. The question is how can this be solved?
Sould information be extracted from the darwine project? They said
they have succesfully compiled wine, but I still prefer the "real
thing" [tm].

Any ideas?

--
Δεν περιμένω τίποτε παρά μόνο όσα εγώ προκαλώ