[Wine] Re: VDQ : Have I made a wine's nest? -- Update

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Fri Mar 10 07:51:05 CST 2006

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 15:11:56 -0500, Beartooth wrote:

> Very Dumb Question here -- basically, am I in trouble? Or in other words,
> I have to ask myself a Falstaffian question: "Which .wine, Bezonian?"
[....]
> Should I do the symlink in both root's and btth's .wine? Or get rid of
> root's and do it only in btth's? Or what?? And if I should get rid of
> root's, with what command? Not yum again, and probably not rpm -e (which
> may be the same for aught I know).
[...]
> Sorry to have blundered into all this like such a clueless clod; can
> somebody toss me a spare clue, please? Pretty please?

Someone kindly did, under the list -- saying that I would want the .wine
for whoever was going to run the programs, and that rm -r would do the job
for the other.

So I did re -r .wine as root in root's directory; it took two or three
screensful of things, checking for confirmation, and I just kept hitting y
so long as it was taking them from .wine. So that part should be OK, I
think.

So I tried putting in the symlinks in btth's .wine -- but
hit an odd line in the result, when I looked :

[btth at localhost .wine]$ cd dosdevices
[btth at localhost dosdevices]$ ls -alL
total 20
drwxrwxr-x   2 btth btth 4096 Mar  8 10:11 .
drwxrwxr-x   4 btth btth 4096 Mar  8 10:11 ..
drwxrwxr-x   4 btth btth 4096 Mar  8 10:11 c:
drwxr-xr-x  24 root root 4096 Mar  8 10:11 z:
[btth at localhost dosdevices]$ ln -s /dev/ttyS0 com1
[btth at localhost dosdevices]$ ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 com2
[btth at localhost dosdevices]$ ls -alL
total 20
drwxrwxr-x   2 btth btth  4096 Mar  9 17:42 .
crw-rw----   1 root uucp 4, 64 Mar  6 08:00 com1
drwxr-xr-x  24 root root  4096 Mar  8 10:11 z:
[btth at localhost dosdevices]$

Why is it claiming 20 and only showing me six?

More disturbingly, what is that next to last line with all the question
marks?? Have I messed up my dosdevices?

--
Beartooth Staffwright, PhD Neo-Redneck Linux Convert
FC4; gpsd-2.30-1;gpsdrive 2.10pre2; CXO 5.0.1