[Wine] Chinese characters appearing in IE title bar

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Mar 14 11:57:42 CST 2006

I'm running Wine .99 on a PCLINUXOS p-92 box (Mandrake derivative). I've
successfully installed IE using wine tools. I've additionally installed all
the base software and fonts. Yet, when I open IE, it displays Chinese
characters in the title bar of the window. The menus and web pages display
correctly, and it otherwise works well, though Windows Media doesn't seem to
work - it opens a window, but nothing plays. Can someone tell me if there's
an obvious fix to the font problem in my title bar?
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA