[Wine] How to setup bitmap fonts?

Petr Tomasek tomasek at etf.cuni.cz
Wed Mar 15 00:49:29 CST 2006

Hello!

I have an application, that needs bitmap fonts. It is strange,
than on one of my computers it runs well on wine (0.9.9),
but on the other it complains about the fonts(*). If I set
WINEDEBUG=warn+font, it says it is ignoring this font.

I found the folowing section in wine-0.9.9/dlls/gdi/freetype.c:

  if(!FT_IS_SFNT(ft_face) && (FT_IS_SCALABLE(ft_face) || !(flags & ADDFONT_FORCE_BITMAP))) { /* for now we'll accept TT/OT or bitmap fonts*/
      WARN("Ignoring font %s\n", debugstr_a(file));
      pFT_Done_Face(ft_face);
      return FALSE;
  }

If I delete/comment it, my program works just fine. My question is:

 a) I found somewhere, that it should be possible to set the bitmaps
somewhere in the registry, but didn't find exactly how. Could you
someone, please explain (or maybe update the docs)?

 b) Is it really necessary to hide fonts?

Thanks!

Petr Tomasek

(*) The application was installed by directly copying files from
windows partition, since the installer didn't work.

--
Petr Tomasek <http://www.etf.cuni.cz/~tomasek>