[Wine] installing Office 2000/ Office XP on Centos4.0

ankush grover grover1711 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 05:01:22 CST 2006

hey friends,

Can anyone tell me how to install Office 2000 under Centos4.0. I am using
Wine 0.9.2 and I have also installed latest version of winetools even
through that I am not able to install office 2000.

Everytime I try to install Office it says "Cound not find a package to
install on the Installation media".

I had manually mounted the Office 2000 Cd through

mount -t iso9660 -o unhide /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom

and then I tried to install Office through

wine /pathtocd/SETUP.EXe

Any pointers why it is giving me erros.

I had also tried same with the winetools but it is failing.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover