[Wine] Need help setting up EAC in Wine

Sebastian sebastian_ml at gmx.net
Tue Mar 28 06:43:03 CST 2006

Hello list!

I'm trying to use EAC here with more or less success. I'm having
problems with my CD-Rom. My Wine version is 0.9.10.

I'm using ide-cd with kernel 2.6.16. So I tell EAC to use the "Native
Win32 interface for Win NT/2000/XP" as SCSI interface. I believe that
makes use of Wine's native ntdll.dll which in turn uses SG_IO which is
what I want :)

When starting EAC the first time I get these messages:

err:aspi:SCSI_GetDeviceName Could not open
HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 0\Scsi Bus 0\Target Id 1\Logical
Unit Id 0

But EAC is still working and I can change its settings. So I configure
it and check the above mentioned "Native Win32 interface for Win NT/2000/XP" and restart EAC.

Here's the problem. After starting EAC it just sits there and hangs. I
have to kill it. After the crash all the settings I told EAC to use are
set back to their defaults.

I can, however, mount CDs in the drives before I run EAC. This way EAC
will not hang. But, though I can unmount the CDs while EAC is running, I
can't eject them and put an audio CD in place. Needless to say I wasn't
able to rip a single CD yet :)

I used EAC in Wine some time ago. But back then I was able to use my
kernel with ide-cd and EAC had no problems using Wine's native ASPI
interface.

There are other people out there who have no problems running EAC the
way I described, for instance have a look at
http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?versionId=3699&iTestingId=989

Many Ubuntu users (I'm a Gentoo user) seem to use EAC in Wine without
problems. I'd like to find out what the big difference is that makes EAC
run in their environment but not in min.

Have you any idea what the problem could be?

Thank you

Sebastian
--
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." (HST)