[Wine] Running text app without X

André Carvalho acarvalho at abordo.com.br
Tue Mar 28 14:18:10 CST 2006

There is an easy solution for this, just use Xvfb, that is just a dummy
virtual X server.

If you already have a X server running on :0 you have to use :1, so you
issue the following command:

Xvfb -ac :1 &

after that, just set the variable DISPLAY to :1, and execute what you want.

export DISPLAY=:1
wine c:\\diab\\5.2.1.0\\WIN32\\bin\\dcc -c -o obj/hello.o hello.c

Hope, this helps,

André Carvalho