[Wine] Upgrade 0.9.8 to 0.9.12 issues

Bob Bob bob3bob3 at cox.net
Mon May 1 00:08:29 CDT 2006

Hi all

Anything special I need to do upgrading from 0.9.8 to 0.9.12?

I run a few important Win apps and a recent change lost such things as
virtual windows (black boxes) and all the text was super small greeked
or non existent. Going back to 0.9.8 showed no permanent damage. Winecfg
was impossible to read/use.

Do I need to run wineprefixcreate? Didnt see anything in the winehq FAQ
about this beyond being "easy".

I have to spend more time on this later on. Am just after some ideas for
the moment.

Used a SuSE 9.3 rpm built/linked from winehq. I removed the old version
(rpm --erase) and installed the new (rpm -Uhv)

Cheers Bob