[Wine] Running MoneyCounts 8.0 for DOS

Wine Mailing List winelist at UniXpress.com
Mon May 1 10:24:28 CDT 2006

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, CWO4 Dave Mann wrote:

> Right after posting my previous reply I went out to the garage and poked
> through piles of old DOS stuff.  I thought that I still had an original
> MoneyCounts installation on 5-1/4 inch disks, but not anymore.  Oh well ...

I do have one of the Installation disks and it is 3.5".  I borrowed MC9
for Windows disketes and could try that though I loathe the Windows
version.

A bit of background: I love Moneycounts and apparently Intuit was afraid
enough of it to buy Parsons and then, when they sold it, it was with the
provision that MC could never be enhanced beyond MC9. (IMHO, along with a
great many CPAs, Quicken and QuickBooks are abominations! And, yes, I have
tried Quicken only to hasten back to MC5 after it got my books hopelessly
out of balance.) Further, it is the only low end (or mid range for that
matter) accounting package that does funds accounting.  I have threatened
for years to write my own starting where MC left off but ...

Guess I'll check out DosBox.  I do have DOSEMU but then I'll have to dig
out my DOS or DRDOS diskettes.

Thank for the help,
Lucky