[Wine] Re: Wine is very slow

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Mon May 1 16:33:13 CDT 2006

I don't know, that doesn't look like the type of address that I would be
to sad about losing.  Unless your name is "xyzzy1" :)

I learned quite a while ago that if you are posting to a list like this,
your going to get spammed.  Spam harvesters can pick up foo(at)bar.com
just as easy as foo at bar.com.  How long would it take to put together a
substitution table for the common ways people try to mask it, about 5
minutes?  Seriously.   Spammers may be scum, but don't assume that they
can't program (or hire people that can)

Just set up an account that you only use for posting on e-mail lists,
and let it collect the spam.  Keep your private accounts private.

Another advantage of this method is that you can just set up positive
match filters - so you only keep the e-mail if it came from one of your
subscribed lists.  If not, trash it.  No one else should be e-mailing
you at your list address (if they expect you to see it)

Dan