[Wine] Re: Will they ever fix the DirectSound buffer underrun error?

magnate chrisc at dbass.demon.co.uk
Tue May 2 04:50:51 CDT 2006

mh.in.england at gmail.com wrote:
> Heya,
>
> Try this patch and tell me if it makes any difference:
>
>   http://plan99.net/~mike/threadprio.patch
>
> You will need to run "autoheader; autoconf; ./configure;" then make and
> make install in the wineserver directory, and then mark wineserver suid
> root ... chmod +x `which wineserver`
>
> I'd be interested to know if this solves the DSound underruns for you
> in this specific case. Also which app are you wanting to use?

Hi Mike - many thanks for the suggestion. I confess that I'm only
barely competent with compiling stuff - I can compile myself a new
kernel but I've never tried compiling wine from source. I usually just
use the latest debian package in testing. I'll give it a go though,
next time I have a free afternoon!

The specific apps which cause it for me are DirectX games (usually
StarCraft and Diablo II LoD).

CC