[Wine] Re: What versions support MS Word?

CrashedAgain tedhansen at sasktel.net
Tue May 2 16:48:10 CDT 2006

Right you are!
The newer versions of wine (0.9.xx series) do not seem to be able to
run office apps correctly. I have not been able to get msaccess to run
("will not start because there is no license for it on this machine")
since at least version 0.9 was introduced. Word on my system just locks
up if I attempt to save a document.
I do not use word (i use openoffice instead even though it takes
forever to start) and had not used access for some time but recently
had a need for it & discovered that it doesn't work any more.
I have been trying to find out if others were having problems before I
put in a bug report.
I suggest you put in a bug report at  winebugs about word.