[Wine] Re: Pegasus and Users

sebas22 nospam at x.invalid
Wed May 3 09:23:26 CDT 2006

On Tue, 02 May 2006 17:09:40 +0100, Geoff Lane wrote

>My first attempt at using Wine within Ubuntu to run my favourite email
>program - Pegasus - resulted in a problem.
>
>Pegasus is preinstalled on windows98, I gave the correct filepath and
>everything appeared to be loading well until it asked for a 'user'.
>
>Gave my normal Pegasus username and got the error message that the
>user does not exist.
>
>Tried various permutations of upper and lower case (Knowing Linux is
>case sensative) but all to no avail.

I had Pegasus running smoothly on an old version of wine + win95,
except when I was minimizing pegasus, it was just disappearing. I had
no pb of username, but I was using a single user installation.

With the current version of wine (stand alone, without windows
installation), I have difficulties to run programs (including
pegasus), so I cannot help for now.

But have you tried to find where is stored the username and password ?
Maybe wine cannot access this file or registry setting ?

BTW, Pegasus store _very few_ informations in the registry, it can run
just copying program and data folder from a PC to another, without
further step

Have you tried to run as single user ? (you will have t use
pconfig.exe or to reinstall pegasus). It should solve your porblem.

If you really need multi-user installation, maybe you could try to
install Pegasus via Wine to the fake windows drive, and copy your
mails folder from the old to the new installation ?

If none of that results, maybe you could ask on
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows, somebody could figure out the pb,
knowing where Peg is storing username information ?

--
HTH
Sebas