[Wine] Re: Further to 0.9.8 to 0.9.12 update problems

paul pgr at arcelectronicsinc.com
Wed May 3 12:44:53 CDT 2006

Bob Bob wrote:
> I shd point out that configure had previously complained about the lack
> of freetype and fontforge so I had to install that from the distro first.
>
> I can see myself doing some heavy reading on the diffs between 0.9.8 and
> 0.9.12.
>
> Cheers Bob
Between 0.9.8 and 0.9.12 the font handling in wine has been overhauled.
Before it used the wrong but available fonts for defaults. Now it uses
the correct but hard to build fonts. If you make clean in the wine build
font folder then then make depend in the root, Then make in the font
folder to see what errors pop up. There will be some missing glyphs
warning but that is ok.
Paul