[Wine] IE install with Wine 0.9.12 under Debian Sarge

David Dawson gobble_em_up at hotmail.com
Sat May 6 21:28:47 CDT 2006

Philipp Ludwig wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 27. April 2006 21:42 schrieb David Dawson:
>> Has anyone got any Internet Explorer to install (and then hopefully
>> run) with Wine under Debian Sarge?
>> I tried all the methods I could find and have not been able to
>> successfully do this.  I even tried wiping out the old ~/.wine dir and
>> starting fresh, but to no avail.  I would appreciate info on this.
>
> Just follow the HOWTO in the application database and it will work.
> http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?versionId=469
>
> phil
Thanks.
But...
Well, actually I tried that too, and it did not work.
But see James Hawkins earlier response.
It seems that he has been able to install IE without such fuss. His
patches will soon be merged. I only want to use IE for the occasional
program that _insists_ on using it and also for the odd website that
_insists_ on needing it (sometimes that is really so). Wine has it's own
built-in IE app now, which will be of some help, but sometimes not I
think.  It can also bring up the default browser in the desktop being
used, so little by little Wine is 'getting there'/
--
...Dave Dawson

"If you wrestle in the mud with a pig,
you both get dirty, and the pig likes it."