[Wine] Re: wine hangs on first run

Rainer M Krug rkrug at sun.ac.za
Mon May 8 04:34:50 CDT 2006

Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Fri, 05 May 2006 16:52:55 +0800, Vincente Aggrippino wrote:
>> I don't know why, but here's the last thing it sends to the CUPS server
>> before hanging...
>
> I guess your setup is busted, check for incorrect firewall rules or a
> broken CUPS. A connect to localhost or CUPS should never hang, it should
> either succeed or cleanly fail. At any rate this isn't a Wine problem
> (except maybe we should time out quicker)
>
> thanks -mike

Just to confirm: I had a similar problem (see my other email) and I
solved it by 'blocking' the printer with the long name. After that, I
could create the wine folder.

Rainer

Rainer M. Krug, Dipl. Phys. (Germany), MSc Conservation
Biology (UCT)

Department of Conservation Ecology and Entomology
University of Stellenbosch
Matieland 7602
South Africa

Tel:		+27 - (0)72 808 2975 (w)