[Wine] Re: Cryptic error message

Louis Lenders xerox_xerox2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 8 06:54:22 CDT 2006

John French <cjf <at> tow.org.uk> writes:
Unimplemented action: 4116
> (SPI_GETSELECTIONFADE)
>
> I have been hunting the forums, and Googling for help, to no avail.
> Please can someone give me some advice where to look to understand this
> error message ?
>
> John French

Hi,
Maybe there's a hidden messagebox behind the splashscreen that you have
 to click (when splashscreens seem to hang that's a quite common cause)
 Try run in virtual desktop (use winecfg and you'll see the option  under the
graphics tab)  _or_ just uncheck the option "allow windowmanagers to control the
windows"