[Wine] Re: How to get IE6 stable?

Colin Finck ColinFinck at compuserve.de
Mon May 8 11:08:18 CDT 2006

Daniel Skorka wrote:
> Colin Finck <ColinFinck at compuserve.de> wrote:
> Suggestion from left field: Why not just use IE5.x instead? That should
> be much more stable.

Just tested the IEs4Linux installation of IE 5.01.
It is in fact much more stable than IE6, but unfortunately it displays
many sites much more worse (e.g. the Adobe website is nearly unusable).

Also most IE users currently use version 6.x, so often it is not
necessary to specially optimize sites for IE 5.x if they work well on
IE 6.x. That means that I still need a working IE6 under Wine.

Do you also now why there is so much difference between the stability
of IE 5.x and 6.x?
Like I heard, MS only improved the layout engine.

Best regards,

Colin Finck