[Wine] Problem: "Please use registry key HKEY .."

Thomas H. George mail at tomgeorge.info
Mon May 8 10:33:58 CDT 2006

I was able to run a very simple program (Mike Lawrence's Counting At
Bridge) with wine although I got symbols for books rather than Spades,
Hearts, etc.

It no longer works.  Wine brings up a blank window with usual File Book
Options Help banner.  The only choice for File is exit and, if this is
chosen, the window closes and wine reports exited with favorable status.

After this exit the following message is on the console used to start
the program:

"Please use the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels
 to set the screen resolution and remove the Resolution entry in the
config file."

In .wine/config I find Resolution ="96"  but I used winesetup to create
fake_windows and I can't find a registry file in .wine.

How do I make this correction?