[Wine] Wine + serial port basically hangs system

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon May 8 17:21:57 CDT 2006

Uwe Bonnes <bon at hertz.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
>> A thread for every call? That would be a very good explanation for the
>> extremly high load.
>
> Any better idea to implement the task?

I have not looked at what exactly the task is, and this was not meant as
a criticism. I only meant this in an "Oh, so that's what it is!"-way.
Neverless, why won't the following solution work?
Have exactly one thread that does whatever WaitCommEvent has to to. Have
this thread keep a list of all processes/threads that called
WaitCommEvent, and return information as appropriate.

Daniel