[Wine] Problem: "Please use registry key HKEY .."

Thomas H. George tom at tomgeorge.info
Tue May 9 08:35:38 CDT 2006

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 10:33:21PM +0000, Daniel Skorka wrote:
> Thomas H. George <mail at tomgeorge.info> wrote:
> > "Please use the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels
> > to set the screen resolution and remove the Resolution entry in the
> > config file."
> >
> > In .wine/config I find Resolution ="96"  but I used winesetup to create
> > fake_windows and I can't find a registry file in .wine.
>
> What wine version are you using? The config file has been dead for more
> than half a year.

My system is pure Debian Sarge and the wine version is 0.0.20050310-1.2.

> > How do I make this correction?
>
> Open regedit, find the key, change it.

I didn't realize there is a command regedit.  I tried it and found the
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG entry contains only Name: (default), Type REG_SZ,
Data (not set).  I tried editing this to add new subdirectories
/Software/Fonts/LogPixels.  The program allowed me to create new
subdirectories but not to rename them.  They are called "New Key #1" and
revert to this whenever I enter a new name.

All this is somewhat academic as had I succeeded in creating the
required subdirectories I would have no idea of the correct data entry
to make.