[Wine] Songbird with wine [solved]

Juan Marcelo Rodríguez juan at nixbox.com.ar
Wed May 10 10:57:46 CDT 2006

Alex Winston wrote:
| On 5/8/06, Juan Marcelo Rodríguez <juan at nixbox.com.ar| wrote:
| <snip|
|| err:module:map_image Could not map section .text, file probably
|| truncated
|| err:module:import_dll Loading library MSVCR71.dll (which is needed by
|| L"C:\\Program Files\\Songbird\\MSVCP71.dll") failed (error c000007b).
|| err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP71.dll (which is needed by
|| L"C:\\Program Files\\Songbird\\Songbird.exe") not found
|| err:module:map_image Could not map section .text, file probably
|| truncated
|| err:module:import_dll Loading library MSVCR71.dll (which is needed by
|| L"C:\\Program Files\\Songbird\\Songbird.exe") failed (error c000007b).
|| err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for
|| L"C:\\Program Files\\Songbird\\Songbird.exe" failed, status c0000135
|| </output|
|| This happened with Wine 0.9.11 and 0.9.12; now I'm syncing with the
|| CVS current version to see if it works that way. I tried  to use
|| native dll's with the ones of the trouble, but it didn't work anyway.
|| I got the DLL's from the Net, but it still complains about "not
|| found", it wasn't suitable. I have an earlier version of one of the
|| two DLL.
| <snip|

| Hola Juan,
|
| I got "Could not map section .text, file probably truncated" errors
| one time when I tried to use a DLL from a website. I assumed their
| copy of the DLL was corrupt, so I tried a copy of the DLL from a
| different DLL website and the problem went away.
|
| Try getting the DLL from a different website and see if that fixes it.
Hola Alex :),

    I must agree with you.

After looking for deeper problems, today I get two new versions of the
libraries, copy them to system32, then tried wine Songbird.exe and it
starts without any kind of errors. The dll's I used to use were
corrupted.

Thanks for your idea, it solved the problem. Sometimes, you need to
test first the easiest trick to solve a problem, but sometimes you try
to go deeper. This time is what happened with Songbird and Wine CVS.

For the people who might be interested to test Songbird before it
releases to Gnu/Linux, I'm going to write some tips about  it and
Gnu/Linux. The App is buggy yet, however if someone want to use it
could be useful.

Thanks everyone for the replies,
Juan.