[Wine] DLL Problems Installig Picasa2

Stefan Leichter Stefan.Leichter at camLine.com
Thu May 11 14:35:23 CDT 2006

Am Donnerstag, 11. Mai 2006 20:32 schrieb Tom Purl:

> tom:~/.wine/c/windows/system$ wine ~/Desktop/picasa2-current.exe
> err:module:import_dll Loading library WINTRUST.dll (which is needed by
> L"F:\\Desktop\\picasa2-current.exe") failed (error c000007b).
> err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for
> L"F:\\Desktop\\picasa2-current.exe" failed, status c0000135
>
> I see that wintrust.dll is in my /home/tom/.wine/c/windows/system
> directory, but Picasa is apparently looking for WINTRUST.dll.  I
> tried renaming the DLL, but that didn't help.

Hi Tom,

try:

WINEDLLOVERRIDES="wintrust=b" wine ~/Desktop/picasa2-current.exe

The wintrust.dll of windows needs some other dlls that are not present on your
system. The command line above tells wine to use its own implementation for
the wintrust.dll.

Bye Stefan