[Wine] Re: world of warcraft doesnÄt work (sorry if double post)

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Fri May 12 04:59:50 CDT 2006

Benjamin Bielicke wrote:
> if this is a doublepost please sorry bur

Friendly suggestion:
Feel free to check spelling on your mail before sending,
it makes it a little clearer what you're trying to say :-).

(bur --> but, thirst --> first, etc..)

> the first post was blocked by spamfilter

No it wasn't.
This is the 3rd time that your posting hits wine-users.
You can stop reposting now - please :-).

> now im not shure if the mailserver thinks the message
> is corrupt because of reply to a non existing message.

I'm assuming that you're posting through the mailing list (not the newsgroup)?

I'm pretty sure that none of the mailing list software considers the
thread that a message belongs to - that's entirely up to the mail
reader out on people's own PC's.

Reposting a message 3 times might get you a higher spam rating though,
who knows ;-).

> as descripted in winehq

Rather large website, how about an URL?

> and done the patch

What patch?

> fixme:wgl:wglQueryPbufferARB unsupported WGL_PBUFFER_LOST_ARB
> (need glXSelectEvent/GLX_DAMAGED work)

Not sure what that means.

> fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x406be53c,0x00000000), stub!

Or that.

> X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  129 (GLX)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  13 (X_GLXCreateGLXPixmap)
>   Serial number of failed request:  501

When you see X errors, you want to see all calls that interface with
the X server, so you can find the call that causes the error and look
at the parameters that caused it.

You can do like this:
# WINEDEBUG=+x11drv wine wow.exe -opengl

Or perhaps even:
# WINEDEBUG=+relay wine wow.exe -opengl 2>&1 | tail -n 20000

Then please report the X11 call (including parameters!) leading up to
the X error.