[Wine] Re: What do i do wrong

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Sat May 13 13:13:46 CDT 2006

mtis2000 at yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> pat at linux:~> WINEDLLOVERRIDES=comctl32=n wine /media/dvd/Setup.exe

That needs to be
WINEDLLOVERRIDES="comctl32=n" wine Setup.exe

> err:ole:marshal_object object doesn't expose interface
> {be6115a1-7de5-48dc-ad2a-25060e00fce2}, failing with error 0x80004002
>
> it carries on like that for ages but those fixme sound like trouble to
> me!

fixmes mean things that should be different, but propably wont't cause
problems.
An 'err' is more of a sign for trouble. Nevertheless, just from this
output I would guess the installation went fine. At what point exactly
does the installer crash/fail?

Daniel