[Wine] Re: msvcr80 and wine 0.9.12

Phil Costin philcostin at hotmail.com
Sat May 13 18:38:10 CDT 2006

azathothgr wrote:

> Running the application ArtRage 2.11 which requires msvcr80.dll pops up
> the following error  message :
> Runtime Error
>
> Program C:/...../Artrage.exe
>
> An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library
> incorrectly.
>
> Searching around, I've found that there's a bug report about a similar
> error,for a different application and for wine version 0.9.10, but
> nothing else, concerning more recent versions..
> Does anyone know if it's the same bug (it was #4894) , or what can be
> done to fix it?
>
> Thanks

I also noticed this today. It seems that anything compiled with VS 2005
requires a "manifest" to be produced - an XML file containing information
about DLL dependencies for an executable. WINE does not seem to know about
manifests yet (named "<program name>.exe.manifest") and therefore can not
load the DLL correctly. I could be completely wrong and it is loading the
DLL but failing after that. Can anyone else confirm this?

Phil C