[Wine] Re: Wine cvs How do I injstall this??

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Sun May 14 13:23:32 CDT 2006

Huk wrote:
> I'm new to linux community and I want to install wine from cvs. I looked
> here http://www.winehq.com/site/cvs but I understand it... i mean I
> entered in the console:
>
> export CVSROOT=:pserver:cvs at cvs.winehq.org:/home/wine
> cvs login
>
> everything fine then i entered:
>
>  cvs -z 3 checkout wine
> U wine/tools/wrc/writeres.c

That means it created the directory structure wine/tools/wrc/ (if the
directory did not already exist) and added the file writeres.c to it.

> Ok so what do I do now? Compile it somehow? How? Where is the source
> code?

Yes, you need to compile it if you want to run Wine from CVS. The CVS
version won't really gain you much, but it doesn't hurt to give it a
try. And as complex Linux source code goes, Wine is relatively easy to
compile and install from source. Do these steps (from the directory you
were in when you did the CVS checkout):

cd wine
./configure
make depend
make

That last step will take quite awhile the first time, possibly half an
hour or so.

Be aware that you will need to have several packages installed first. Of
course, you will have needed to install all the compiler tools. You will
also need the development packages installed for things like alsa and
fontforge. The best thing to do is to go through the config.log file
after running the ./configure command, and see what it says are missing.