[Wine] Re: Is it possible to run programs with different wine config files?

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Mon May 15 16:02:16 CDT 2006

Bob Bob wrote:
> Use winecfg and you can store virtual etc desktop settings on a per
> application basis.

Though it is a bit cryptic how. Notice when you add an application in
the Applications tab of winecfg, and click on it, the title of the
window border changes to "Wine configuration for myapp.exe". So now when
you go to the Graphics tab, the settings will effect only that application.

> This has been possible since wine went to a registry
> style config rather than ~/.wine/config. I dont know what version that
> started at...

Actually, even the config file allowed per application settings that.
Not that it really matters at this point... ;)