[Wine] setup.exe from "Marco Polo Großer Reiseplaner 2005/2006" stops

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Wed May 17 16:24:20 CDT 2006

Hi!

I'm trying to use "Marco Polo Großer Reiseplaner 2005/2006" with
Wine 0.9.13 on Gentoo Linux. To use it, I ran travel\setup.exe
from the DVD and the setup just stops, before the "real thing"
starts. Please see http://www.myimg.de/?img=BildschirmfotoWinedesktopSeaa8.png

In the terminal window from which I started wine, I get:

alexander at blatt ~ $ wine 'D:\travel\setup.exe'
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
err:ole:get_unmarshaler_from_stream Failed to read common OBJREF header, 0x00000001
fixme:ole:NdrClearOutParameters (0x7d7ce520,0x7d144212,0x7d7ce654): stub
fixme:win:SetWindowTextA setting text "TITLE_CAPTIONBAR" of other process window (nil) should not use SendMessage
fixme:win:SetWindowTextA setting text "Gro\xdfer Reiseplaner 2005/2006 - InstallShield Wizard" of other process window (nil) should not use SendMessage
fixme:win:SetWindowTextA setting text "TITLE_CAPTIONBAR" of other process window (nil) should not use SendMessage
fixme:win:SetWindowTextA setting text "Gro\xdfer Reiseplaner 2005/2006 - InstallShield WizarH" of other process window (nil) should not use SendMessage

As you saw on the screenshot, I setup wine to use a Desktop size
of 640×480. I also set the Windows version to Windows 98. But the error
also happens, when I remove my ~/.wine directory and just use the default
settings.

How can I maybe find out what's wrong and fix it?

Thanks a lot,

Alexander Skwar
--
Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know.
   -- Zensunni koan