[Wine] Pegasus Mail and recent versions of Wine

Geoff Lane geoff at 3lanes.freeserve.co.uk
Fri May 19 15:14:54 CDT 2006

On Wed, 10 May 2006 12:53:00 -0700, "James E. Lang" <jelly at lang.hm>
wrote:

>Has anyone succeeded in running Pegasus Mail with a version of Wine newer than
>0.9.8?
>
>With Wine 0.9.9 I experienced a termination of Pegasus Mail every time I closed
>a message composition window. This was not "fixed" in Wine 0.9.10.
>
>With Wine 0.9.11 and Wine 0.9.12 Pegasus Mail appears to be unable to display
>anything other than its startup window with the flying horse and the status
>reports that it is initializing this and that. A list of processes that are
>running as a part of the Pegasus Mail/Wine environment while using Wine 0.9.11
>or using Wine 0.9.12 reveals a child process that did not exist with earlier
>versions of Wine. I do not know whether this is related to my problem. With
>Wine 0.9.12 that child process is identified as "explorer."
>
>I have posted messages about this before but I have not seen any responses.

I'm also having a problem with pegasus, it asks me for my username and
then tells me there is no such user.

I tried, using winefile, to instal a fresh version of pegasus, all
looked promising but the 'internet options' was greyed out so I was
unable to use it.

I'll keep at it though as I like pegasus and Linux :-))

Geoff Lane