[Wine] Re: IE6 with Wine 0.9.12

gkiagia at hotmail.com gkiagia at hotmail.com
Tue May 23 05:16:05 CDT 2006

Alexander Skwar wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm looking for a howto to get IE6 installed on Wine 0.9.12.
> I googled some, but I can't find any *recent* documentation
> on how to get IE installed with Wine 0.9.12 - I only find
> outdated information from 2005 or 2003.

You can use the sidenet configuration utility to do it, but it won't
work on 0.9.12 or later because the wine developers have introduced a
new winelib Internet explorer application, which simply means that if
you try:
    wine iexplore.exe
it will open wine's internal internet explorer and not the MS one. I
have tried it and I don't know any way to change it.

Try 0.9.11 or a previous version.