[Wine] can't start Warcraft 3 (v. 1.20)

drescher0110-lists at yahoo.com drescher0110-lists at yahoo.com
Tue May 23 23:21:01 CDT 2006

> John you said you startet Warcraft 3 and played in the battle.net. Are
> you still able to do this?
>
> When I update Warcraft it doesn't start any more.

I am runnng wine-0.9.12 and after completly reinstalling warcraft3. I had to do this
because warcraft would not detect the cdrom at all. A few weeks back I had seriously
messed up my wine config trying to get an app running. Anyways I deleted my .wine
folder and started over with winecfg (only adding the cdrom) and then the warcraft
install and for the most part (several times it did not detect the cd) I did not
have problems. I played the first level for single player campaign and then
Iconnecting to battlenet for two updates 1.20c and 1.20d.After this I got in and out
of  the game a few times and I was able to play a second level without any problems
at all.  I did not logon to battle net as I have forgot my password so I only played
single player mode but it worked for me. I am using gentoo linux 2006.0 with a
2.6.23 kernel and xorg 7 with a nvidia geforce2 card and the game worked fine with
and without the -opengl param.

John