[Wine] Word97 launches but still cannot save or load

Benjamin Sher sher07 at mindspring.com
Sun May 28 22:54:03 CDT 2006

Dear friends:

Thanks to Ekkehard, I found out how to launch Word97. I went to
the .wine/drive_c directory and then (using quotes around "Program Files"
and "Microsoft Office") I cd's to where Winword.exe was and then typed,
within this subdirectory: wine WINWORD.EXE. That launched Word97 at last.

But when I try to save a document, all I get is the first letter of the file
name. When I try to save, Word refuses to do so. Please see error messages:

http://www.websher.net/tmp/word1.png
http://www.websher.net/tmp/word2.png

Plus the data files:

http://www.websher.net/tmp/user.reg
http://www.websher.net/tmp/userdef.reg
http://www.websher.net/tmp/system.reg

I would be most grateful for your kind help.

Benjamin