[Wine] Myst IV Installer breakage

Ulrich Dobramysl uli-do at gmx.at
Mon May 29 05:54:18 CDT 2006

Hello!

The game "Myst IV - Revelation" by Cyan Worlds / Ubisoft installed fine
in earlier versions of wine (although it was and is not playable).
Recently I tried again, and the setup crashed just before the copying of
files would start.

I was able to isolate the patch that caused the regression (with git
bisect). Here is the commit message:

 >commit 19fad8e71032707cb036239f69f085e1b0249d01
 >Author: Robert Shearman <rob at codeweavers.com>
 >Date:   Fri May 19 16:03:13 2006 +0100
 >
 >    rpcrt4: Don't set the memory pointer to NULL before calling
 >PointerUnmarshall.
 >
 >    Call it with fMustAlloc set to TRUE instead to achieve the same
 >result
 >    without side-effects.

The output of wine is here:

fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
err:ole:get_unmarshaler_from_stream Failed to read common OBJREF header,
0x00000001
fixme:ole:NdrClearOutParameters (0x7c5fd6a0,0x7c174212,0x7c5fd7d4): stub
fixme:win:SetWindowTextA setting text "TITLE_CAPTIONBAR" of other
process window (nil) should not use SendMessage
fixme:win:SetWindowTextA setting text "Myst IV - Revelation -
InstallShield Wizard" of other process window (nil) should not use
SendMessage
fixme:win:SetWindowTextA setting text "TITLE_CAPTIONBAR" of other
process window (nil) should not use SendMessage
fixme:win:SetWindowTextA setting text "Myst IV - Revelation -
InstallShield Wizard" of other process window (nil) should not use
SendMessage
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_SetWindowRgn not supported on other thread window
0x3002c
err:ole:get_unmarshaler_from_stream Failed to read common OBJREF header,
0x00000001
err:ole:get_unmarshaler_from_stream Failed to read common OBJREF header,
0x00000001
err:ole:marshal_object object doesn't expose interface
{be6115a1-7de5-48dc-ad2a-25060e00fce2}, failing with error 0x80004002
err:ole:ClientIdentity_QueryMultipleInterfaces
IRemUnknown_RemQueryInterface failed with error 0x80004002
err:ole:xCall RpcChannelBuffer SendReceive failed, 8007000e
err:ole:xCall Failed to serialize param, hres 8007000e
err:ole:xCall RpcChannelBuffer GetBuffer failed, 8007000e
err:ole:xCall Failed to serialize param, hres 8007000e
err:ole:xCall RpcChannelBuffer GetBuffer failed, 8007000e
err:ole:xCall Failed to serialize param, hres 8007000e

The last two lines are repeated very often.

I would fix it myself but my insight in the wine code is limited.

	Ulrich Dobramysl