[Wine] Linux noob

Vincent Povirk madewokherd+d41d at gmail.com
Wed May 31 17:26:49 CDT 2006

It'll be in your home directory.

Wine won't create your .wine directory until you actually run it (so
it may not be there at all).

You might be having a problem with the fact that files starting with .
on linux are considered "hidden". Using "ls" to get a list of files
will not show them, but "ls -a" will.

If you open a terminal, it will start at your home directory, and
typing "cd .wine" will get you to .wine if it's there.

On 31 May 2006 14:42:03 -0700, RailroadMonster at gmail.com
<RailroadMonster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Help. I recently switched over to linux (because windows sucks). I love
> linux, but i need some windows apps to run, (like iTunes), so I
> installed Wine... however, I am used tot he old windows filesystem and
> not the linux one, and I can't find the .wine directory. I thought it
> should be under "filesystem," right? But it's not... Can anyone tell me
> where my .wine dir might be?

Vincent Povirk