[Wine] Re: Linux noob

Aggro spammerdream at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 17:26:29 CDT 2006

RailroadMonster at gmail.com wrote:
> Help. I recently switched over to linux (because windows sucks). I love
> linux, but i need some windows apps to run, (like iTunes), so I
> installed Wine... however, I am used tot he old windows filesystem and
> not the linux one, and I can't find the .wine directory. I thought it
> should be under "filesystem," right? But it's not... Can anyone tell me
> where my .wine dir might be?

It is a hidden directory, but it is located in users home directory. For
example if your username is noob, it would propably be /home/noob/.wine/

You can get there from command line by command: cd ~/.wine
(The ~ is for getting to your home directory, so simple: cd .wine is
enough, if you are already at your home directory (for example
/home/noob/ ) )

And from GUI, if you are using for example Ubuntu and Nautilus as your
filemanager, it you make sure that "view->show hidden files" is selected.