[Wine] DirectDraw error and mouse stuck in the corner

Mark Slonchka mslonchka at rogers.com
Fri Nov 3 22:27:41 CST 2006

Hello all,

I was installing Thomas the Tank Engine (for my son, not me) and ran into 2 problems:

- Unless I added "Desktop"="1024x768" to [Software\\Wine\\X11 Driver] in user.reg, the program would give a DirectDraw error.  Is there a better way to fix this error?
- The mouse works, but it keeps returning to the bottom right corner.  I applied a patch (settings.c.diff), which I thought would of solved the problem, but it didn't.

I am running debian unstable and got the latest cvs source (and applied the patch).  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Mark